HTC One Developer Edition is official – specs and price
HTC has just introduced the HTC One developer edition that, as the name shows, is especially designed for Android development community, the developer edition of HTC One can be customized easily even the smartphone comes with an unlocked bootloader, so there will nothing to disturb that may disturb you to apply hacks, however some limitations may apply. The HTC One developer edition will hit USA soon in near future with the price tag of $649, HTC One developer edition specs are listed below:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 64 GB of storage
- SIM and bootloader unlocked
- Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- Two dual-membrane microphones for recording
- Multiple frequency compatibility:
- HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)
Specs list is similar to regular HTC One (M7) variant, however HTC posted a bit bad news for T-Mobile users, the smartphone doesn’t support T-Mo’s AWS HSPA spectrum. However we’ve also got good news that T-Mobile has already introduced LTE Network deployment, so you have option to enjoy 4G.
As I said above the developer edition of HTC One offers an unlocked bootloader even HTC claims that the phone is SIM unlocked, so it would be contract-free. However it’s really important to note that HTC One developer edition will arrive to US postcodes “in limited quantities”. It will be available soon in near future.
Hey development community…happy now?