Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2: specs, features, price and release date
The Samsung is now surprising us with a waterproof and dustproof smartphone, the Korean company has just launched the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 that is midrange smartphone but powerful enough to use as I said it’s waterproof and dust resistance too, the fun isn’t over and as the smartphone is packed with impressive specs and even runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 specification:
- 4-inch display WVGA with 800×480 resolution
- 148 grams Wight
- 12 mm in thick
- IP67-rated water and dust resistance
- HSDPA, HSUPA network
- Dual-core 1GHz CPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage
- External SD card slot
- 5MP rear camera
- VGA front camera (a dedicated camera key is also featured)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A-GPS and Glonass
- 1,700 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
Price, release date, etc
Of course the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 includes handy Samsung Apps with Samsung TouchWiz that make take the device on top, there are Samsung-exclusive S Voice, S Cloud, AllShare Play, Smart Stay, and the Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service.
As the above specs list shows that this is a mid-range Samsung smartphone, a Swedish retailer named Cdonis already taking orders for the Xcover 2 for KR 2,690 that is almost $413 and they’ll ship the smartphone next month, however the smartphone will hit other countries soon in near future with might be a different price tag. However at this time we don’t have any official word about that. Are you interested in Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2?
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 Image Gallery
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 Press Release
SEOUL, Korea – January 25, 2013 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, today unveiled the Samsung Xcover 2, the ideal smartphone for active explorers who are enjoying outdoor lifestyles and seeking a durable mobile device with essential smartphone capabilities.
• The GALAXY Xcover 2 is optimized to endure against the most rugged outdoor conditions, whether you’re at work orplay. Protected against the elements, it is dust and sand proof. It’s even water resistant to a depth of one meter for up to30 minutes (IP67 Certified). You can now take photos under water with the direct camera key, hold on tight to yourdevice with the strap holder and not worry about dropping your phone as the battery cover lock gives added protection.• Pre-downloaded Google map data, an enhanced GPS ＋ GLONASS which shortens the satellite signal detection byup to 20％ to tracks your location more accurately, LED Flash next to the camera which can be used like a torch anda huge battery capacity of 570 hours(1,700mAh), making the GALAXY Xcover 2 is the best possible smartphone partnerfor outdoor exploration.• In addition, the Cardio Trainer Pro workout application will also help you achieve your fitness goals by creating atailored training program, checking your progress and recording your track and speed.• For everyday, users can expect the powerful performance characteristic of a Samsung smartphone with the robustGALAXY Xcover 2 shell. Its vivid 4.0” (100.8mm) WVGA display provides a clear and wide viewing experience,a 5-megapixel camera and VGA front camera that will let you record precious moments in high resolution,Bluetooth® v 4.0 gives a better connection that consumes less power and detects devices 50 meters away.An impressive 1GHz dual core processor powers the core of the GALAXY Xcover 2, which ensuresa fast operating speed for seamless multitasking, faster webpage loading and softer UI transitions.• Samsung GALAXY Xcover 2 runs Android™ 4.1 (Jelly Bean) enabling faster and smoother screen transitions andproviding an enhanced user interface featuring a new, easier-to-use notification panel. As a premium SamsungAndroid™ phone, the device is packed with a series of innovative features and services to boost performance andthe overall user experience. The intuitive Motion UI understands your movements to shake and update or turn overto mute; data can be synced, backed up and restored with S-Cloud; S Voice lets users control the phone usingtheir voice, allowing you to see the weekly weather forecast, the contact number you’re trying to find or even takea picture as you speak; Best Shot recommends the best shot from a series of photos; Smart Stay recognizeswhether the user is looking at the screen to dim the screen accordingly. Users can also enjoy all the benefits ofSamsung Hubs, including the latest versions of Readers Hub, Video Hub, Game Hub and Music Hub.