Sony Xperia Z: specs, features, price, release date and photo gallery
CES 2013 has brought two Sony flagship smartphones to us – Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia ZL. Both seems a bit similar and they are really interesting to try, here’s we’re discussing the Sony Xperia Z that is 5-inch smartphone and offers high-end specification, we already has seen a 5-inch Huawei Ascend D2 phone, now lets’ see what’s Sony has packed in new Sony Xperia Z.
The Sony Xperia Z specification and features:
- Wight 146 gram
- Size: 7.9mm thin
- 5-inch HD display with 1920 x 1080 (441 ppi) resolution and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Body is Waterproof, dust and water resistant
- Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 13 megapixel rear camera – fast capture with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video, Superior Auto, sweep panorama and Noise
- 2.2MP front camera
- Sensor: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 16GB internal storage space and SD card slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 4G LTE support
- NFC support
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery, the Battery STAMINA mode improves standby time by at least 4 times
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS (will receive Android 4.2 update soon)
Price, release date and more
There’s no home button on the front, Sony has placed it on the side to makes the front a bit more stunning, specs and features of Xperia Z is no doubt, quite impressive, it also includes a entertainment experience across a range of Sony devices, the “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps are pre-installed, the wallman app comes with facebook integration.
However there’s no official word about the release date and price but we can expect the first quarter of this year, the phone has been rumored to be released a week after the CES. We don’t have official word on price too, but we can expect up to $600 (contract less).