Water-resistant Samsung Galaxy S4 Active official – specs, price, release
How many rumors we got about the active edition of GS4? I’ve posted various reports but by now no more fun with leaked reports as the wait is over, Samsung has just finally announced the well-awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 Active officially and as the phone already was rumored a few days ago, it’s dust and waterproof edition of flagship Samsung’s smartphone.
Specs-wise the phone seems similar with original variant such as a 1.9GHZ quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 2600 mAh battery, even both cameras, rear and front, are same, 13 megapixel rear shooter and 2 megapixel front shooter.
However the design has been changed, new ruggedized Galaxy S4 Active, the smartphone comes with a fully sealed design, might be this is because of water and dust resistant as Samsung’s boasting is certified IP67 to survive, so the design seems a lot durable and even Korean’s giant put three physical keys on front instead of capacitive keys that vanilla Galaxy S4 own.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active runs latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Nature TouchWiz user interface including original Galaxy S4 features such as the WatchON app, Samsung KNOX, Samsung ChatON, and more.
You can take a look at below list of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Specifications:
- Dimension: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 130 gram
- Display: 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED with 1920 x 1080 resolution at 441 ppi
- Processor: 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: 8MP rear and 2MP front
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
- Storage space: 16/32/64 GB with microSD slot
- Battery: 2600 mAh battery
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will arrive in this summer and it will come to USA and Sweden, however phone has been reported to price at 649 Euro in Netherlands. Samsung said that Galaxy S4 Active will be at the Samsung Premiere 2013 event in London.