All-in-One Toolkit For HTC One S, X, Rezound, Sensation 4G, Amaze 4G, Vivid, MyTouch 4S Slide, Everything You Need
As you all know well that Android is open source, you can modify your Android devices to install custom ROMs, hacks, kernel and much more. But first you’ll need to root the Android device, rooting voids the all limitations of device manufacturer, as well as install ClockworkMod recovery that allows you to take the backup of current ROM, install custom ROMs, wipe the complete device and so on. In some cases you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of your device too.Thanks to XDA developer “hasoon2000” who developed a all in one toolkit for your HTC One S, with this toolkit you can unlock the bootloader of device, root, and install custom recovery.
The tool works on Windows computer. See below guide to use this awesome tool but first charge the battery of HTC device and make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup to back apps.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
Step #1: Download the latest version of all in one toolkit for HTC One X here, HTC One S here, HTC Rezound here, HTC Sensation 4G here, HTC Amaze 4G here, HTC Vivid here, HTC Mytouch 4G slide here to PC and don’t modify the file.
Step #2: Unzip the download tool on C:\. There run One S.exe.
Step #3: The tool is much easy to use, if you want to unlock the bootloader of device follow following instructions:
- Install HTC drivers, click on Install HTC Drivers to install drivers.
- Create account on HTC dev, to do it click on Register at HTCDev and keep your account logged in.
- Now Click on Get Token ID then choose Go, you’ll see command prompt providing Token ID, ensure the HTC One S is plugged to PC, copy the token.
- Click on Submit Token ID to submit the Token ID on HTC dev website, there you’ll get Unlock_Code.bin in email, download the code file and navigate to HTC One S all in one file folder and transfer it to DATA folder. That’s it now simply click on Unlock Bootloader. You’re done.
Step #4: After unlocking bootloader, install recovery, in toolkit window on right side, you’ll see recovery name ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199, ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 Touch, Interim Touch (Custom ClockworkMod) and Stock Recovery. Select the desired recover then click on Flash Recovery and it’ll install it on device.
Step #5: Now you need to root the device, just follow instructions:
- In toolkit window on Commands, select Boot into Recovery, then click on Do Command button, it’ll will . Wait until your phone boots into Recovery Mode.
- Once you’re in recovery mode, on Extras, click on Perm Root (GB/ICS) then Run. That’s it, it’ll automatically start installation of rooting file.
That’s it, you’re done. I would like to say it’s best tool for HTC One S to get root access, ClockworkMod Recovery and unlock bootloader.
- Root Your myTouch 4G Slide and Install Clockworkmod Recovery With New Root Tool [How-To]
- Root, Install Custom Recovery, & Unlock Bootlaoder on Your HTC Vivid [How-To]
- Install Touch ClockworkMod or Stock Recovery on LG Optimus 3D P920 With Toolkit
- Install ICS And Sense 4.0 Equipped ROM “FUTUREAL” On Your myTouch 4G Slide [How-To]
- Learn How-To Root HTC Vivid Easily