How to Edit the Android APK Files
Android apps comes in the form of APK and as you know well that Android apps can’t be modified but if you cost your mind back in 2010, there was a script that for the HTC G1 that enables you to modify the APK files, it was very famous script but the bad thing is that, the download had broken and now you can’t use the script.
But if you love modification of your Android apps, don’t be worried about that script, here’s new one for you. A senior XDA developer member raziel23x has made this new script, the design is much better and developer packed the script with number of features, take a look on these features:
– Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
– Batch Ogg optimization
– Batch install apk from script (option 19)
– Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
– Batch Theme optipng TOOL
– Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
– Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
– Error detection. Checks if error occurred anytime u perform a task, and reports it
– Extract, Zip apk’s.
– Incorporates brut.all’s apktool
– Improved syntax of questions/answers
– Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
– Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
– Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
– Push to specific location on phone
– Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
The features list is bit more long, if you want to use the script make sure that Android SDK is installed on your PC, also make sure that the JAVA version 1.6 is installed on the computer. Then download the script and copy it on any folder, if running for first time folders will not be there, you have to run and then the folders will be created, then open script and minimize it, then edit files inside the project folder and maximize the script. A simple process. Head over to the original thread of XDA here for more information and to download the script.