Do you have Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 and worried about low internal memory? Well! I’ve solution for you, no you no need to install any ROM, you just need a memory card, memory card should be formatted in file system FAT32 and another requirement is Odin. It’s for stock ROM/official ROM so don’t try it any custom ROM. Your device internal memory will increase but this will be quite slow because some storage in the SD Card must also be used as phone storage.
So you should make backup of device data such as SMS, contacts, apps etc to applying the method will cause your own phone to reset to factory. Just to use below guide you have the make the Ex14 partition in your own SD Card (will be used as the internal phone storage) and this may be done in two ways.
- By the use of the Mini Tool Partition Wizard or the similar software you can make the partition of your SD Card. As example, you are using the standard SD Card 2GB then you made the 512 MB of Ext 14 partition then the rest for the regular partition FAT32. When you have the bigger size SD card, then you can make this partition Ext4 partition much bigger.
- By the use of the custom recovery, just boot your own mini S5570 into the recovery mode by just holding and pressing Home button so then click button in power and while on off state so then choose advance option (just use the button volume just to navigate as well as the Home button to choose), then select the option Partition SD Card, choose the Ext Size (Ext 14 partition /sd ext) desired, then select for the swap partition and then wait until this method if finished.
You need turn on your own phone then type *# 1234# so to see the firmware version being installed in your own Galaxy mini Samsung, just find the PDA version. Below guide will not work on non-rooted phone. Device battery should be charged.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
After above requirements, you need to download the boot image suitable along with your own PDA version below:
- PDA=S5570XXKPF mirror (2.3.3)
- PDA=S5570AIKQ3 mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570DXKPD mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570JPKQ8 mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XIKQC mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XXKPI mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XXKPK mirror (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570JPKS1 mirror (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XWKS2 mirror (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XWKS7 mirror (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XXKS4 mirror (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570DDKQ7 mirror (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570JVKT1 mirror (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570LWMKPJ mirror (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570LWMKPO mirror (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570XWKT7 mirror (2.3.6)
Step #2: Download the TASS_v1.0.ops for the Odin.
Step #3: Now turn the device off.
Step #4: Boot your Galaxy Mini S5570 Samsung into the download mode by holding and pressing Home + Volume Down button so then click on the button until the yellow triangle having text appear ‘Downloading’.
Step #5: Connect the device to PC via USB Cable
Step #6: open the Odin Multi Downloader v4.Then open the Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe
Step #7: Press the button OPS then choose TASS_v1.0.ops
Step #8: Press on the button PDA and then choose the boot image suitable having your PDA version as example mine CODE_S5570JVKT1_boot.tar.md5
Step #9: Now you must ensure your phone to be detected in the com port mapping so then press on the button Start.
Step #10: Flash the Mini Galaxy S5570 boot image with the Odin
Step #11: Wait until the Finish and ‘Pass’ text will appear, then the phone must reboot then a little bit longer in the Samsung text, this is normal
That’s it you’ve done, you can visit official thread of XDA for queries here.
- Learn How-To Install Honeycomb in the Internal Memory of Nook Color
- Learn How-To Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Galaxy Mini
- Android 4.0.3 ICS Based CyanogenMod 9 For Your Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro [How-To]
- Upgrade Your Xperia X10 Mini Pro To Android Gingerbread [How-To]
- Manually Update Your Galaxy S2 With Official Firmware XXLPQ Ice Cream Sandwich [How-To]