The HTC One is remarkable innovative smartphone of the year to overcome problems, One seemed to manage a good status of reputation for HTC especially because of UltraPixel camera that we can use to crave the low-light photography. By the phone is being updated with various apps, tweaks, MODs and custom ROMs by development community to improve the usability like here we got a famed Slim Bean custom ROM for your HTC One.
The HTC One Slim Bean ROM is popular because of low weight as it’s very trimmed size, Slim Bean for HTC One size is just 100MB to 150MB as for, development team has removed a lot of bloatware from HTC One so that no unwanted may irritate you. Slim Bean is AOSP based Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM but packs many handy features.
However since this is initial release of Slim Bean ROM for HTC One, it may contains bugs but worry not because we hope that Slim Bean development team will iron out all bugs soon in near future.
Now read on how to install Slim Bean ROM for HTC One.
- Keep in mind that your HTC One must have unlocked bootloader, check this guide to unlock bootloader.
- Make sure a custom recovery is installed on your HTC One, check this guide to install ClockworkMod recovery or this guide to install TWRP recovery.
- You need a Windows PC and make sure USB drivers for HTC One are installed. You can use HTC Sync to install USB drivers.
- Backup everything because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use the carbon Android app to backup apps and data.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Step #1: Turn off your HTC One and reboot into recovery mode by holding down volume up and power buttons, in recovery mode create nandroid backup of your current ROM, it’s important because if anything not work out that you expect from this ROM, you’ll be able to easily revert back to your current state. To create backup select “Backup and Restore”, and then select “Backup” again, if you’re on TWRP recovery, click on “backup” and slide the blue button to confirm the action.
Step #2: Download the Slim Bean for HTC One from here.
Step #3: Download any further add-on [optional] and Gapps [Must] from here.
Step #4: Copy downloaded zip files to internal storage of your HTC One.
Step #5: Turn your HTC One off.
Step #6: Reboot phone in recovery mode by holding down power and volume down buttons.
Step #7: In recovery mode, perform wipe, select the wipe data/factory reset, and confirm on the next screen then select wipe cache and confirm on the next screen. At the end, select advanced, then select “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm action.
Step #8: Return to main menu by selecting “Go Back”.
Step #9: Select “Install Zip from SD Card” then “Choose Zip from SD Card” and locate the downloaded ROM zip file that you’ve transferred in above step and confirm installation.
You can repeat this step to install any further zip file you downloaded.
Step #10: Once the installation is completed, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now” to reboot phone.
That’s it, the Slim Bean ROM is now installed on your HTC One, if you experience any error, leave a comment below.
- Install Slim Bean ROM on Nexus 7, Very Slim Size ROM
- Install Slim Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket – Trimmed Size Jelly Bean Build
- Install Slim Bean ROM on Nexus S – Small But Fast Jelly Bean Based ROM
- Upgrade HTC EVO 4G to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via Slim Bean ROM
- Install Slim Bean ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3