If you are a user of Samsung’s Epic 4G Touch then there is something interesting news for you because now you are able to upgrade Samsung Epic 4G Touch with Pre-Rooted Ice Cream Sandwich FC15 firmware, below you can see step-by-step guide for this purpose. Before you get started make sure that you have a Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710, and don’t try the below steps for any other device.
You also need to manage your back-up because below steps can damage your valued data. On the other hand if you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install it first because it might break off the flashing process. You also need to install the drivers you can get them from here.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
First of all download the Pre-Rooted ICS FC15 firmware package to your PC from here and extract it
Now Turn Off your device then you need to press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time to boot into download mode when you get the message and then press Volume up button to enter into download mode.
Then using a USB Cable connect your device to PC you’ll get the message“Added” in Odin message section, and “COM” port box in second column will be changed to yellow color, if you’ll get any error it means that you haven’t installed proper message.
Now click on the “Start” to install the firmware on your device. If it’s done you will see a “PASS” message behind the green color box, like in the image below.
Your phone will automatically restart into normal mode with new FC15 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. Verify it at Settings > About Phone.
- How To Install Rooted FB27 Firmware on Epic Touch 4G [Ice Cream Sandwich]
- Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware “FB09” For Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2) [How-To]
- Install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware “FC07” On Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch [How-To]
- New Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware “FB27” For Epic 4G Touch [How-To]
- Pre-Rooted, Stock Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware 18.104.22.168 For Asus Transformer Prime [How-To]