HTC One X comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but if you want more optimization and tweaks, just install brand new custom ROM “Android Revolution HD 1.2.3”, thanks to XDA developer “mike1986,” who made this awesome ROM, this ROM based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, latest Final HTC RUU 1.26.401.2 with HTC Sense 4.0 Interface, it’s fast, simple and stable for daily use. It’s multi-language ROM. See below main features:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering - full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions - Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- ZRAM ready!
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82) – coming soon!
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support for Ice Cream Sandwich
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Support almost 24h a day
- …and many more!
Here’s guide to install it, before you start installation first keep in mind that bootloader of your device must be unlocked, you check the HTC website to unlock it here. ClockworkMod recovery must be installed on device. Charge the battery of device and make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup to back apps.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
Step #2: Plug the device to PC using USB cable.
Step #3: Transfer the downloaded files to SD card of device.
Step #4: Disconnect the device from PC.
Step #5: Turn the device off.
Step #6: Reboot the device into recovery mode by holding download volume down and power button.
Step #7: In recovery mode, create a nandroid backup of your current ROM, it’s important because if anything not work out that you expect from this ROM, you’ll be able to easily revert back to your current state. To create backup select “Backup and Restore”, and then select “Backup” again.
Step #8: [If you need Super Wipe, proceed the step, otherwise skip]Return to main menu and select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and locate “Super Wipe” script and confirm installation.
Step #9: Return to main menu and select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and locate ” Android Revolution ROM ” and confirm installation.
Step #10: Once the installation is completed, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.” That’s it you’ve installed. Enjoy!
- Install Leaked HTC One V ROM On HTC Desire HD based On Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0
- Install HTC One ICS With Sense 4.0 ROM “OrDroid” On HTC Sensation [How-To]
- Learn How To Install Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0 On HTC Sensation
- Install Leaked HTC One V Firmware Based On Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC 4.0A On Your HTC Inspire 4G [How-To]
- Install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread Sense-less “Android Revolution HD” ROM on HTC Desire HD