Install MoDaCo ROM On HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen [How-To]
Good news for the owners of Desire HD “MoDaCo” ROM Android 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0 for their device this ROM based on official ROMs either shipping or leaked, this release is to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM. This ROM has really great features and tweaks to upgrade your HTC Desire, I’d like say a best custom ROM for your device, see below its features:
- Based the 3.06.405.1 ROM
- Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
- Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
- Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- MCR version displayed in ‘About’ screen
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Updated all Google components
- Updated all thirds party components
- Updated Flashlight which now becomes ‘Torch’ for non en-US configuration.
- Added Google Car Home option
- Added Google Clock application option
- Added Google Email app option
- Added Google Gallery 3D option
- Added Google Launcher2 with Phone app fix (particularly useful if you choose to remove Rosie / Sense!)
- Added Google SMS/MMS app option
- Added Google Voice Dialler option (with custom UK localisation)
- Added Google Stock Lock Screen option
- Added Jbed Java
- Added MCR Boot Animation (stock as option)
- Added Development Tools option
- Added Spare Parts option
- Added Titanium Mobile option
- Added WaveSecure option
- De-odex’ed for the themers out there
If you’re interested follow below guide to install it, but keep in mind that your device must be rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed its battery should be charged, please make a backup of your device data because the below procedure will wipe all data, and turn the USB Debugging on, to do so just tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
This ROM is now available in the free online kitchen – see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
- Gr5 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo additions) – DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
- Radio 22.214.171.124U_26.13.04.19_M (extract from zip and flash via ‘fastboot’) – DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try ‘right click save as’, disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.
Step #1: First download the ROM from above links.
Step #2: Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and copy the ROM to the root directory of your phone’s external storage.
Step #3: Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off.
Step #4: Now reboot the device into recovery mode holding down the Volume Down key and the Power button at the same time.
Step #5: In recovery mode, PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU.
Step #6: Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card.
Step #7: After flashing just reboot and enjoy!
You can visit the original thread here for queries, and please don’t forget to comment below.