Intel hasn’t forget its first Android-powered smartphone Lava Xolo X900 yet, it was came with Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread and now Intel has just released the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Xolo X900, the update comes with impressive change log, take a look at below change log list:
- Face Unlock
- Customizable and resizable widgets
- Faster call app
- Ability to swipe for dismissing notifications, task and browser tabs
- Better Wi-Fi
- Improved battery life
- Improved camera app
- Faster Bar code scanning ability
- Better video game graphics
- Quick Office app
- Latest version of Google Play
- Redesigned Gallery app
- Improved browsing and text rendering
- Improved email app
- Zero shutter lag camera exposure
- Ability to capture photos while recording video
- Better rotatable screen
- Option to open camera app by unlocking the phone
- Roboto font (high resolution)
- Improved keyboard even you’re able to type with voice
- and more
So charge your battery, connect phone to Wi-Fi, then go to Menu>Setting>About Phone>System update, there tap on the check now, it will connect it to Lava server and you’ll get option to download the update, select it to install OTA Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update on Lava Xolo X900. If you can’t upgrade your Xolo X900 with OTA Android 4.0 update, follow the below guide to learn how to upgrade Lava Xolo X900 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich manually.
Before you start manual installation, make sure you’re using Windows PC with USB phone drivers installed, make sure the phone battery is installed and on your phone turn the USB Debugging on, to do so just tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Be sure to make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup apps.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Step #1: Download the Xolo X900 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware package to your PC.
Step #2: Plug phone to PC, you’ll listen a beep sound when PC detected your phone.
Step #3: The USB notification will show up, pull down the notification and select USB connected. You’ll get a USB Connected message with Android logo.
Step #4: Turn the USB storage On, then select OK to confirm the action. You’ll get a message saying “USB Storage in use”.
Step #5: Copy the update.zip file to the root of your phone’s internal memory that you downloaded in first step.
Step #6: On your phone, select turn off USB storage.
Step #7: Unplug the phone from PC and reboot it.
Step #8: On your phone, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Update and then select the Update from USB Storage. You’ll get a box, then select OK to confirm the action. It will reboot your phone, don’t use the phone about 5 minutes due to installation progress, it will automatically install the update.
That’s it, you’re done, on your phone got to Setting>About phone to check the Android version, it should be Android 4.0.
- Install Official Android 4.0.3 ICS “XXLPY” Firmware on Galaxy Note N7000 [How-To]
- Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS on Xperia S, Firmware 6.1.A.0.452
- Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ9 Firmware on Galaxy R I9103
- Manually Install Official ICS “XXLPQ” Firmware on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G
- Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLRG Firmware on Galaxy Note