Just a few days ago ASUS rolled out the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Transformer Prime in United State and now the firmware update is also available for download, which means those of you haven’t received the Android 4.1.1 firmware update notification on your Transformer Prime TF201 through OTA (OTA), now can install the update manually on your tablet and here’s step by step guide to learn how to install the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update on the Transformer Prime TF201 manually. Do keep in mind that your Transformer Prime must be on stock Android 4.0 firmware version 22.214.171.124, you can check your tablet detail from Setting>About Tablet.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Step #1: First of all on your tablet go to Setting, then tap on About Tablet, there check the build number and if the build number starts with the TW, download TW Jelly Bean firmware, if starts with WW, download WW Jelly Bean firmware and if start with the US, the download US Jelly Bean firmware from following links to your computer:
- TW Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- WW Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- US Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step #2: Unzip the downloaded .zip file, you’ll get another .zip file, place this .zip file to internal storage of your Transformer TF201.
Step #3: Reboot your tablet, when it’ll boot you’ll notice a notification on tablet, tap on the notification and follow on screen instructions.
That’s it, once the installation is done, you’ll on the Jelly Bean, Enjoy!
- Transformer TF201/TF700 Gets Jelly Bean – Here’s Change Log
- Grab Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Based EOS 3 ROM for Transformer Prime TF201
- How To Install Official Jelly Bean Update on Transformer TF300T
- Transformer Prime Gets CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Root Your Transformer Prime TF101/TF201 On Android 4.0.3 ICS Using Sparkyroot App [How-To]