We’ve been waiting for the PlayStation Mobile for a while now and finally the PlayStation Mobile is official now, Sony has just lunched it. Sony is making the way for PlayStation Mobile in many regions of the world such as Germany, US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Australia. Sony said that they’ll add more countries soon in near future to the list.
The fun isn’t over, Sony also releasing almost thirty new titles from many famous developers such as Twist Pilot, Tipper, Tractor Trails, Samurai Beatdown and Resurrection of Music. Of course it’ll make better place on the Android gaming platform, this service will work on all Android certified devices including the PlayStation Vita. It might gain more popularity than the Microsoft Xbox gaming service on Windows Phones because there are a lot of solid games are already available on the Google Play Store and this new PSN feature will improve the Android’s game platform too.
However unfortunately it’s available for just 22 Android devices, but don’t be worried because you’re Android users and Android is best mobile platform out there. Don’t have a certified device? Well! Not a problem, you can install the PlayStation Mobile apk file on any Android device, but do keep in mind that this PSM apk works on just rooted Android device, it has been tested, so give it a try. You can follow our root guides to root your Android device.
The below guide will walk you through how to install PlayStation Mobile app on any Android smartphone and tablet. However since it hasn’t been tested on all Android devices, it may not work on your Android device, if it happens, don’t be surprised because after all, it wasn’t certified and, therefore, not tested. So let’s start.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Step #2: Copy the downloaded PSM.apk file to your Android device.
Step #3: Install the downloaded PSM.1.0.apk on your Android device. For installation PSM apk, if you’re using Android device that running lower version than the Android 4.0, go to Setting>Application, there enable unknown resources but if your Android device is running Android 4.0 or above, enable unknown resources from Setting>Security. Then locate the PSM.apk file using an file manager app such as the File Expert, then tap on the apk file and it will start installation.
Step #5: Copy the downloaded AndroidPolice_SonyPlaystationCertsInstaller.zip to your Android device.
Step #6: Now you need to install the downloaded .zip file, follow one of following step for installing the .zip file:
- Turn your Android device off and reboot your Android device into recovery mode by holding down the specific buttons, since combination of buttons for recovery mode is different on every Android device, you need to search it yourself. In recovery mode, if you’re on ClockworkMod recovery, select “Install Zip from SD Card” then “Choose Zip from SD Card” and locate the AndroidPolice_SonyPlaystationCertsInstaller.zip downloaded file that you’ve transferred in above step and confirm installation., for TWRP recovery select “Install”, then locate the file and confirm the installation. Once the installation is done, from the main menu select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone and you’re done.
- If you don’t have recovery and want to know what you’re doing, install the file manually on your Android device, to do unzip the downloaded .zip file, from the file copy playcertetcpermissionscom.playstation.playstationc ertified.xml to /system/etc/permissions/ on your device. Then place the playcertframeworkcom.playstation.playstationcertif ied.jar to /system/framework/ on your device. After that set the permissions on com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar to 644 (read/write, read, read) using your favorite file manager or command line. Then simply reboot your Android device.
Step #7: That’s it, now the PlayStation Mobile app should work on your Android device, now simply head over to the Sony page and register for a Sony Entertainment Network account if you haven’t yet and play your favorite game.
Hurrah, the PlayStation Mobile is now installed on your Android device, enjoy and sound off your thoughts about this app in the below comment section.
- Sony and HTC Partner to Make PlayStation Certified Phone
- Install TWRP Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note
- Install Motorola MOTOBLUR ICS Home Launcher On Your Non-Motorola Android Device
- Install Sony Xperia S UI & Home Launcher On Your Non-Xperia Android Device
- Download and Install Adobe Flash on Any Android Device