Install Sony Xperia S UI & Home Launcher On Your Non-Xperia Android Device
Sony Xperia S is nice Android smartphone that has great specs and features, if you love its UI and Home Launcher, don’t worry you can install it on your any Android device. Thanks to XDA member ra3al who made Xperia S’s home launcher, ClockWidgets, OnOffTools, PhotoWidget, WeatherWidget and wallpapers that can installed on any Android phone running Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich. It also required Android device supported following resolution: QVGA (240×320), HVGA (320×480), WVGA (480×800), FWVGA (480×854), qHD (540×960), HD (720×1280), HD (720×1186) – Galaxy Nexus and WXGA (800×1280) – Galaxy Note.
If you’re interested follow below guide, but keep in mind that your device must be rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed its battery should be charged. Please make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure will wipe all data, you’ll also need to install file expert app. If you’ve installed apps that use com.sonyericsson.home shared user, remove them. Remember me or developer can’t give warranty that it will work on all devices.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Step #1: First of all, if you’ve version 3 or earlier of Xperia S Home mod, uninstall it, to do it follow steps:
- Download the XPERIA S uninstaller package and transfer it to phone’s internal SD card.
- Now switch your phone off and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Make a backup your existing ROM from Backup and restore > Backup.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard. Select the uninstaller package and confirm that you want to flash it. After that reboot your phone.
Step #2: Download Home APK file matching your phone’s screen resolution to your phone:
- QVGA / HVGA
- WVGA / qHD / HD
- FWVGA / qHD / HD
- HD (Galaxy Nexus, 720×1186)
- WXGA (Galaxy Note, 800×1280)
Step #3: Open file expert app and navigate to where you downloaded above Home APK file and install it.
Step #4: Now if you want Xperia S widgets, download and install APK file in same manner as you installed Home APK:Widget Picker
Install this first if you intend to use the Clock, Photo, or Weather widget
- Clock Widgets
- Photo Widget
- Weather Widget
- On/Off Tools – some users report force close errors on certain phones when toggling GPS or brightness
Now if you need some widgets APK and install as usual, that’s it enjoy Xperia UI, you can also visit the original XDA thread here.