Install Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich Build XXLP1 On Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 [How-To]
Good news for the owners of Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, new Ice Cream Sandwich Build XXLP1 has leaked for Samsung Galaxy Note, before Samsung release any official release it’s enough to give hope to you of more ICS leaks to come in future. You can expect some bugs because it’s leak build and its note stable for daily use, please note that it’s just for Samsung Galaxy Note model is the N7000.
If you are interested you can install it to follow below guide but first make a backup of your device’s data because the below procedure will wipe all files, if you’ve Samsung software “KIES” installed on PC, uninstall it and Make sure that you have the appropriate device drivers installed on your computer you can for 32 bit (x86) Windows and 64 bit (x64) Windows. Device’s battery should be 100% charged.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Step #1: Download Ice Cream Sandwich build XXLP1 firmware package, available from the following: Mirror 1 – Mirror 2 – Mirror 3 and if you have the 16 GB version of the Galaxy Note, download this PIT file and save it to your computer.
Step #2: Extract the contents of the ICS build XXLP1 firmware ZIP file using WinRAR, 7-Zip, or other file extraction program into a folder on your computer. You should get the following files:
- odin3 v1.87.zip
Step #3: Extract the contents of “odin3 v1.87.zip” into a folder on your computer, you’ll get Odin3v1.87.exe and Odin3.ini.
Step #4: Turn the device off and reboot into download mode by by holding both the Volume Down button and the Home button while pressing the Power button.
Step #5: On PC, run Odin3 and plug device to PC using USB cable, Odin will detect the device saying message ADDED, if not you may have problem in drivers.
Step #7: In Odin3, load following files into their appropriate tabs:
- Click the PIT tab, and select the file Q1_20110919_32GB.pit (for the 32 GB version of Galaxy Note) or Q1_20110914_16GB.pit (if you have the 16 GB version)
- Click the PDA tab, and select the file N7000_CODE_N7000XXLP1_CL88317_REV02_user_mid_noship.tar.md5
- Click MODEM tab, and select the file MODEM_N7000XXLP1_REV_05_CL1098475.tar.md5
- Click the CSC tab, and select the file GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-OXALP1.tar.md5
Step #8: Ensure that under “Option” in Odin3 boxes for “Re-partition”, “Auto-Reboot”, and “F. Reset Time” are checked.
Step #9: Click on START to start flashing ICS XXLP1, after installation Odin will show message saying PASS, and device will reboot itself if not do following steps:
- Disconnect device from PC and Remove the phone’s battery.
- Re-insert the battery and boot the phone into Download mode again.
- Connect it to Odin3 again and try again.