Good news for the owners of HTC Sensation, now they can enjoy Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0 too, say thanks to Virtuous Team who make it possible to released Virtuous S4X ROM. However it’s still in beta stage, so you can expect some bugs such as non-functional camera, Bluetooth, mass storage, as well as some animations that are currently disabled.
If you’re interested follow below guide to install it, but keep in mind that your device must be rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed its battery should be charged. Please make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure will wipe all data, you can use this app to backup and turn the USB Debugging on, your device should be on firmware version 3.24 or higher, you can see this thread for help.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Step #1: First download the Virtuous S4X ROM to PC:virtuous_s4x_alpha2.zip, 469 MB
Step #2: Connect the device to PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded ZIP file to the root your phone’s internal SD card.
Step #3: Turn the device off and reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and Power button.
Step #4: On the HBOOT screen, select the “Recovery” option.
Step #5: In Recovery, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM so that you can always have a restore point if something should happen when installing or trying out this ROM. You can perform a backup in ClockworkMod by selecting “Backup and Restore” then select “Backup”.
Step #6: Perform a full wipe on your device.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” then select “Wipe Data/Factory reset” on the screen that follows.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” then confirm the wipe cache partition on the screen that follows.
- From the main menu, select “Advanced”, then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” then confirm Wipe Dalvik cache on the screen that follows.
Step #7: Now select “Install zip from SD card.”
Step #8: Select “Choose zip from SD card”, and browse for the downloaded file that you have transferred and select it and confirm the installation by selecting “Yes – Install “virtuous_s4x_alpha2.zip”. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to finish. Once it done select “Go back” then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
Once the device is rebooted, you have to disable all animations by heading to “Settings > Display” and turn off all animations. That’s it you’ve installed, please don’t forget to comment below.
- Learn How-To Upgrade your HTC Sensation to ICS with HTC Sense 3.6
- Learn How-To Download and Install Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense 3.5 on HTC Sensation
- Install Stock Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC Sensation [How-To]
- Learn How-To Install Evo 3D CDMA Rom with Sense 4.0 and 4.0.3 ICS
- Learn How-To Upgrade HTC Rezound Using Ineffabilis Deus Alpha ROM To Android 4.0.3 ICS with HTC Sense 3.6