Learn How-To Install CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread ROM on HTC Sensation
After witnessing unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread ports on HTC Sensation for former now, yet, the official Alpha version of CM 7 has been released yesterday that can be installed on your phone as regular drivers. Since CyanogenMod nightlies were momentarily stopped due to security condition with kernel.org, so this Alpha CM 7 for HTC Feeling is your finest shot for now. For those who don’t know, CyanogenMod is a custom Android firmware based on AOSP code that is directed to delivering improved and highly enhanced user skill.
So, the present CM 7.1.0 release is based on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and carries latest SuperUser app with scores of stock and developer combined features. You can head to the official CM git to see the complete change log.
Below is the step by step guide to install / flash CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM on your HTC Sensation:
- Rooted HCT Sensation With S-OFF
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- CyanogenMod 7 ROM
- Make sure that you have S-Off on your HTC Sensation with permanent root. Please consult the link in requirements section to gather more info regarding S-OFF.
- When you have root and S-OFF on your phone, download ROM Manager from Market.
- When the download is complete, tap to launch ROM Manager and tap on first option to install / flash latest ClockworkMod Recovery.
- At the present download CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM for HTC Sensation and copy the zip file on your desktop.
- When completed, connect your phone to the computer and mount SD Card / SD Ext as flash drive.
- At the present copy the ROM zip file you downloaded to SD Card / SD Ext root.
- Once done, again launch ROM Manager and use in-app option to reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once in ClockworkMod Recovery, make a Nandroid backup by navigating to Backup / Restore option.
- After you have made a backup of your current settings, go to recovery main menu and use Wipe / Factory Reset to completely wipe your phone.
- After the wipe is done, go to recovery main menu again and use “install zip from SD Card option” to flash / install CyanogenMod 7 ROM on your phone.
- When the installation is done, reboot your device.
If you don’t end up in a boot loop then you will boot in CyanogenMod for definite. Whether or not you are facing any matters or want to get more info regarding this ROM, then head to the official XDA thread posted here.
Via: addictive tips