If you are a user of Samsung’s Galaxy Note then there is something interesting news for you because now you can install ice cream sandwich based firmware for this device. Here I’d like to say that this ROM and the guide below is just well-matched only and only with Galaxy Note, model number N7000. So, don’t try this for any other device.
The below steps can damage your valued data so make sure that you have managed your back-up and download the drivers from below:
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Make sure you have KIES pre-installed, since it will take care of all the drivers required for flashing.
Fire up ODIN, and click on the PDA button and then navigate and select the ICS firmware that you downloaded in the previous step.
Switch-off your Note first, and then boot it into Download mode. To boot into Download mode, press the Volume Down +Home + Power button on the handset simultaneously.
Skip the Custom OS warning by pressing the Volume up button.
A random COM no. will be displayed inside a glowing yellow rectangle when you connect your Galaxy Note to your PC, and when ODIN detects it. You just need to press the Start button, and wait for ODIN to finish flashing the ICS firmware on your Note.
When the flashing process is over, the phone will automatically reboot!
- Learn How-To Install XXJVU Firmware on Galaxy S i9000
- Take A Step Ahead Install/Flash Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich MIUI Alpha ROM On Galaxy Nexus [ How TO Tutorial]
- Run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in Windows [How-To]
- Learn How-To Flash Motorola Atrix 4G to Stock ROM from Cyanogen Mod 7 Firmware
- Learn How-To Root Galaxy Nexus On Android 4.0.2 ICS Using CF-Root