If you are a user of Samsung’s Galaxy Note then there is something interesting news for you because now you can install ice cream sandwich based firmware for this device. Here I’d like to say that this ROM and the guide below is just well-matched only and only with Galaxy Note, model number N7000. So, don’t try this for any other device.
The below steps can damage your valued data so make sure that you have managed your back-up and download the drivers from below:
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Make sure you have KIES pre-installed, since it will take care of all the drivers required for flashing.
Fire up ODIN, and click on the PDA button and then navigate and select the ICS firmware that you downloaded in the previous step.
Switch-off your Note first, and then boot it into Download mode. To boot into Download mode, press the Volume Down +Home + Power button on the handset simultaneously.
Skip the Custom OS warning by pressing the Volume up button.
A random COM no. will be displayed inside a glowing yellow rectangle when you connect your Galaxy Note to your PC, and when ODIN detects it. You just need to press the Start button, and wait for ODIN to finish flashing the ICS firmware on your Note.
When the flashing process is over, the phone will automatically reboot!
- Learn How-To Install Ice Cream Sandwich Based Rom, CM9, Unofficially in Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi
- Download XXKP4 Firmware for Galaxy S2 to Ice Cream Sandwich Unofficially
- Learn How-To Install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich in your Kindle Fire
- Learn How-To Get Flash CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your DROID 2 Global
- Learn How-To Fix Lag In Apps On Galaxy Nexus on Ice Cream Sandwich