If you are using Motorola Atrix 4G on Android 2.3.6 and want to root this device you are on a right place below you can see step-by-step guide for this purpose. Before you get stared make sure that you have Motorola Atrix 4G running Android 2.3.6 firmware 4.5.141 and fully charged. Before you get started make sure that you have manage your back-up because below steps can damage your valued data.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
First of all you need to download the rooting package from here on your PC and Extract it.
Then Turn Off your device and using a USB cable connect your Motorola Atrix 4G to PC.
hold down the Volume Down + Power at the same time Reboot your device to Fastboot mode . Press the Volume Up key and see “Starting Fastboot protocol support”.
Then open a command prompt (DOS) on PC and enter the following commands:
- cd c:atrix-4g-root
- moto-fastboot.exe flash preinstall preinstall.img
- moto-fastboot.exe reboot
- adb shell
- /preinstall/dosu (NOTE: If this command doesn’t work, try /preinstall/su instead.)
- /bin/mount-0 remount,rw /system
- cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/
- chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
- PATH=/system/bin:$PATH pm install /preinstall/Superuser.apk
In the end just Reboot your phone.
- Learn How-To Update Motorola Atrix 4G Using 4.5.91 Factory Firmware [Easy Steps]
- Now Install Android 2.3.6 OTA Firmware Motorola Atrix 2 to with no loss of Root [How-To]
- Learn How-To Flash Motorola Atrix 4G to Stock ROM from Cyanogen Mod 7 Firmware
- Now Go Back To 4.5.91 Stock Firmware On Your Motorola Atrix 4G
- Learn How To Root Motorola Atrix 2