If you are a user of HTC Rezound and want to update this smartphone with Android 4.0.3 you are on a right place below you can see step-by-step guide for this reason. In this regard you need a HTC Rezound, rooted and with ClockworkMod Recovery. You also need to install the drivers for this purpose you can download it from here or here.
Make sure that you have manage the back-up of your valued data because the below steps can damage your valued data. And also make sure that you have at least 70% charge battery.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Firstly Copy the ROM file to the root of device’s external storage. Copy “boot.img” into the same folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located on your PC.
Turn off the phone. And Reboot the phone into recovery mode.
Do this from Backup & Restore > Backup to create a backup of your existing (and functioning) ROM in recovery mode
Wipe all your phone data:
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset from the menu and confirm the operation.
- Choose Wipe cache partition from the menu and confirm the operation.
- Choose Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the operation.
Now Choose Install zip from sdcard, and then Choose zip from sdcard to return the main recovery menu. Select the Ineffabilis Deus ROM file that you copied to device.
Confirm that you want to start installation.
Now you need to Go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging to Reboot your device.
After that using a USB cable connect your device to your PC and open a command prompt and change the working directory to the directory where you copied “boot.img”.
Use ADB to reboot your phone into bootloader mode. Do this by typing (without the quotes) “adb reboot bootloader” at the command prompt.
Place your phone in fastboot mode by pressing the Power button. And Flash “boot.img” onto your phone by typing this command (without the quotes) at the command prompt: “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
After the image has been flashed, reboot your phone with the command “fastboot reboot” (without the quotes).
After that wait for your phone to reboot and load the new OS completely. Now Update the Superuser app immediately after the phone has completely rebooted.
That’s it‼ if you’ll follow the steps accurately you can do it without of any trouble and the credit goes to Android Authority for this effort.
- Learn How-To Install Ineffabilis Deus Alpha ICS ROM on HTC Rezound
- Learn How-To Upgrade HTC Rezound Using Ineffabilis Deus Alpha ROM To Android 4.0.3 ICS with HTC Sense 3.6
- Install Stock Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC Sensation [How-To]
- Learn How-To Upgrade HTC Desire HD With Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware
- Install MIUI ICS 4.0.3 Alpha 1 on HTC Desire Z / G2 [How-To]