There is something interesting news for the Samsung’s Epic 4G users they can upgrade Epic 4G on Android 4.0 ICS using CyanogenMod 9 below you can see step-by-step guide for this purpose. Here I’d like to say that before you get started to follow the steps manage your back-up of your valued data because the below steps can damage your data.
You have needed a Rooted Samsung Epic 4G, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. And fully charged battery of your Epic 4G
Firstly you need to download the CM9 Alpha and the gApps ZIP package files onto your PC. And after that just connect your phone to your PC.
Now you have to Copy both the CM9 Alpha and the gApps ZIP files into the root of your device’s SD card.
Power off your phone. And Boot into Recovery Mode.
Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
Select “Wipe Cache Partition”.
Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
When the full wipe has been completed, navigate to “Install Zip from SD Card”. And select the CM9 Alpha zip file.
When the CM9 Alpha zip file has finished flashing, navigate back to “Install Zip from SD Card” and this time choose the gApps ZIP file. Later than gApps has finished flashing, select “Go Back”.
Select “Reboot System Now”.
- Learn How-To Install CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0.6 ICS on HP TouchPad
- Install Cyanogenmod 9 On Your myTouch 4G [How-To]
- Learn How-To Get Flash CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your DROID 2 Global
- Learn How-To Upgrade Droid Razr to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich Using IC3RAZR Alpha
- Learn How-To Install CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 1 on HP TouchPad