If you are an owner of Motorola Razr there is something interesting news for you and that is, now you can upgrade Motorola Razr with official Android 4.0.3 ICS (ice cream sandwich). Below you can see that the easy to understand step-by-step guide for this purpose. Here I’d like to say that the below steps are just compatible with Motorola Razr GSM/UMTS so, don’t try on any other device.
In this regard you need to charge your phone’s battery to 100% and also manage your Back up your phone data because the below steps can damage your valued data you can user Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
First of all you Download the Ice Cream Sandwich update package for the Motorola Razr XT910 from here and after Saving the file to your PC simply rename the ZIP file to update.zip.
After this connect the device to your PC through USB cable and copy update.zip to the root of your phone’s external SD card.
then disconnect your device from your PC and turn off your phone and Reboot your into Motorola Recovery, as you can see below:
- Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Turn on the phone.
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight “recovery”.
- Press the Volume Up key to select.
- Press both Volume Up and Volume Down buttons when the Android logo and warning triangle appear.
After this you can see that your device will detect the update file and ask you if you want to update your Motorola Razr using the file. Make definite that you want to do so.
When the Reboot phone firmware update is DONE Set up your Google credentials. Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable Force GPU Rendering.
Proceed with the remaining steps if you’ve made a SU backup using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Otherwise, the update procedure ends here.
Then download and install Android Terminal Emulator to your Motorola Razr from here and Launch the Android Terminal Emulator app on your phone.
Execute the following commands from the terminal:
- mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/system /system
- rm /system/bin/su
- ln -s /system/su-backup /system/bin/su
via: Android Authority
- Motorola Has Announced A Developer Version of Razr
- Another Day Another Leak, Motorola RAZR Android 4.0 BLUR
- Learn How-To Flash Motorola Atrix 4G to Stock ROM from Cyanogen Mod 7 Firmware
- Learn How-To Update Motorola Atrix 4G Using 4.5.91 Factory Firmware [Easy Steps]
- Learn How-To Get Clockwork Mod Recovery on DROID RAZR