Samsung doesn’t allow Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 users to make voice calls but Android development community has made it possible now, owners of Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G variant can now enjoy voice calling, it’s great to use phone calls on a tablet, thanks to XDA developer member almaqdad.
The developer discovered a hack make phone calls that works on some specific ROMs such the stock Samsung Android 4.0.4 ROM, CyanogenMod 10 ROM, CyanogenMod 9 ROM and AOKP ROM. Read on how to apply voice calling on the tablet but first make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your tablet, you can follow our this guide to install recovery and be sure to make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup apps.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Step #1: Download the XXLQ3 modem file (CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip) to your PC.
Step #2: Download one of following file according to your device firmware:
- Voice Call Enable (Voice_Call_Enable__Stock__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip) for stock Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
- Voice Call Enable (Voice_Call_Enable__CM9__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip) for CyanogenMod 9 ROM
- Voice Call Enable (Voice_Call_Enable__CM10__JB_4.1.1_ROM_Build_1.zip) for CyanogenMod 10 ROM
- Voice Call Enable (Voice_Call_Enable__AOKP__ICS_4.0.4_ROM_Build_1.zip) for ICS-based AOKP Milestone 6
Step #3: Place both downloaded .zip files to the internal SD card of your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Step #4: Turn your tablet off.
Step #5: Reboot the tablet into recovery mode, for booting into recovery mode, reboot tablet by holding down the volume up and power buttons, when screen turns on leave power button but not volume up until a menu shows up, then using volume down button to highlight the recovery mode, then press the volume up button and it will take you to recovery mode.
Step #6: In recovery mode, create a nandroid backup of your current ROM, it’s important because if anything goes wrong, you’ll be able to easily revert back to your current state. To create backup select “Backup and Restore”, and then select “Backup” again.
Step #7: Select “Install Zip from SD Card” then “Choose Zip from SD Card” and locate the downloaded CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip file that you’ve transferred in above step and confirm installation. Wait till installation complete.
Step #8: Once again repeat the previous step and install the voice call enable hack file in the same manner.
Step #9: Return to main menu by selecting “Go Back”.
Step #10: Perform wipe, select the wipe cache partition and confirm on the next screen. Then select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm on the next screen.
Step #11: Select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.”
That’s it, now you’re able to make voice calls on your Galaxy Tab 10.1, enjoy!
- Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G/4G GT-P7500, Install ClockworkMod Recovery Too
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 Gets Official ICS Update – Manual Installation
- Install CyanogenMod 9 On Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 [How-To]
- Install Android 3.2 Honeycomb XWKL1 Firmware on Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
- Make Low-Priced International Calls, Send Free SMS Using Google Voice App