If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S and want to install Speedmod Kernel you are on a right place below you can see a guide for this purpose here I’d like to say that you can install this if you are using Android 2.2.1. And before you get started make sure that you have manage your back-up because the below steps can damage your valued data. You also need a device which is at least 70 % charged because it’s important for this purpose.
Before you get started make sure that you have Samsung Galaxy S model number i9000, and you also need a Root device. And in case you don’t have Samsung Kies software installed you can download it from here. Also download Odin Multi-Downloader from the link given here
- Download SpeedMod Custom Android 2.2.1 FroYo Kernel (HZ = 500)
- Download SpeedMod Custom Android 2.2.1 FroYo Kernel (HZ = 256)
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
First of all you need to download the SpeedMod kernel of your choice from the link above and extract it.
Then Turn Off your device and boot in download mode to press Volume down, Home and Power button at the same time.
Quit Kies on your PC and also launch Odin and using USB Cable connect your phone to your computer . One of the ID:COM boxes in Odin should now turn Yellow.
Now click ‘PDA’ and select the kernel’s tar file. Leave everything else as default / blank.
Make sure re-partition is unchecked and then click ‘Start’ and wait patiently for the process to Done.
Your phone will ReBoot once the flashing is done. You may then exit Odin.
- Install A Custom Kernel On Your Android Device [How-To]
- Learn How-To Install XXJVU Firmware on Galaxy S i9000
- Learn How-To Install Custom Kernel for the HTC JetStream
- Easily Install CM9 by Teamhacksung on Galaxy S I9000 Using ICS Android 4.0.3 [How-To]
- Learn How-To Find & Download Right Stock Kernel & Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S II