If you are want to update Galaxy S II to Android 2.3.6 XXKL1 firmware you are on a right place below you can see a guide for this purpose. Before you get started make sure this guide that you can see below is just relevant only for Samsung’s Galaxy S2 (S II) international version (i9100) so don’t attempt for any other device. Before you get started make sure that you have manage your back-up because the below steps can damage your valued data.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
First of all download the Android 2.3.6 Firmware from here and extract it, you’ll get the four below files:
Then you need to download Odin software from here.
Now Turn Off your device and wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
Now, press Volume DOWN+ Home+ Power to place the Galaxy S2 in Download Mode and open Odin.
Using the USB Cable connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added!!” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
Select these files in Odin at respective tabs (check out the screenshot given at the top for help):
- Click the PDA Tab, and selectCODE_I9100XXKL1_CL783870_REV02_eng_mid_ship.tar.md5
- Click the Phone Tab, and selectMODEM_I9100XXKL1_REV_02_CL1085162.tar.md5
- Click the CSC Tab, and select GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKL1.tar.md5
You have to do each and every step carefully and also double check every step.
Now press START to start on. When done your device will automatically reboot
Now your Galaxy S2 will be running on Android 2.3.6 with Samsung’s custom UI TouchWiz 4 atop it. Look into your S2’s android version here > Settings > About Phone. And you can also get some more info about this from the Source link
- Now Update Galaxy S2 I9100 Using Android 4.0.3 XXKPA Firmware [How-To]
- Install XXLP2 Firmware Leaked Firmware on Galaxy S II [how-To]
- Install XXKP1 Android 4.0 Firmware on Galaxy S II [How-To]
- Now Install XXKPA Firmware on Galaxy S II on Android 4.0 [How-to]
- Learn How-To Install XXJVU Firmware on Galaxy S i9000