Samsung has released the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXLRG firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note that gives you a new experience and those of you have upgraded their devices with the XXLRG firmware and now looking for a root access, their search is end here.
Before rooting first make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup apps. Do keep in mind that you’ll need an external SD card. Make sure your device is on XXLRG firmware, you can check the device detail from Setting>About Phone.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
Step #2: Power off device and reboot into recovery mod by holding down volume up, home and power buttons until screen turns on.
Step #3: In recovery mode select apply update from external storage, then select the CWM.zip file and confirm installation. Once it done, it will take you to ClockworkMod recovery.
Step #4: Now you can use touch control, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard and locate SUPERSU-Busybox-Installer.zip file.
Once the installation is done, your Samsung Galaxy Note is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed, if you faced any issue, you can comment below to ask.
- Install Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLRG Firmware on Galaxy Note
- Root and CWM for Galaxy S2 Running XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware
- Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note Running XXLPY Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware
- Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on Android 4.0 ICS UCLF5
- Root Your Galaxy Note Running Android 4.0.3 ICS ZSLPF Firmware [How-To]