HTC Inspire 4G is a nice Android device, which has so many awesome features, and now you can increase its features to by installing custom ROMs, and as you know well that first you’ll need to root your device, say thanks to XDA developers who made it possible with Advanced Ace Hack Kit. This also allows you to gain S-OFF, but sadly this method downgrades your device to stock Desire HD ROM, where if you enables S-OFF, you’ll lose the sound in the process. However it has nice features see below:
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED/INVISIBLE GOLD CARD PROCESS
- Only ONE menu step – HACK ACE
- No ROM downgrade required (only radio/kernel)
- No wiping data
- Rom is fully functional (yes, inc wifi)
- Fully rooted with insecure boot image (supports adb remount for rw system)
- Busybox manager app installed
- S-Off, superCid & carrier sim unlock
- Correct Radio is automagically restored for HSPA+ operation
- ClockworkMod Recovery and ROM Manager included
- Both stock Froyo and Gingerbread (pre Sense 3.0) supported
- Easy return to stock for AT&T, Telus and WWE CID HTC__001
- Much smaller download
- Much smaller firmware flash to obtain the exploit – comparatively very fast processing.
If you’re interested, see below guide to install it but first please note that your device should running stock ROM not any custom ROM, if you’ve Droid Explorer, please remove it and also remove HTC sync. If you’ve installed device drives on your PC, uninstalled theme and please use a PC running Windows XP, Vista or 7 to follow this guide. You have to remove any phone, PDA, or tablet management software on your computer too. Disable all system tools such as Samsung KIES, antivirus, firewall program, please make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure will wipe all data, you can use this app to backup and if you have any Apple program running in the background or as a service, stop it, please don’t run any other program while the Hack Kit is running. Turn the USB Debugging on, to do so just tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Step #2: The package has HTC USB drivers for your device, use the installer file inside the “toolswindrivers” subfolder located within the extraction folder to install the drivers. You may need to reboot your computer after installing the drivers.
Step #3: Now on your device go to Menu > Settings > Connect to PC and set the default mode to “Charge only.”
Step #4: Plug the device to PC using USB cable in charge-only mode. Use the USB port that is directly connected to the motherboard, don’t use the USB port on the front panel. Please don’t use a USB hub and don’t use a USB extension cable.
Step #5: Now you need to open the folder where you’ve extracted the Hack Kit files to. Depending on your Windows version, right-click on the script file and run it as Administrator (from the popup menu):
— for Windows 7 or Windows Vista
hack-ace.cmd — for Windows XP (make sure you’re logged in as Administrator)
hack-ace-xph.cmd — for Windows XP Home (make sure to use an Administrator user account
Step #7: You will see text on the screen as the script performs the following:
- Copy the needed files
- Root the phone temporarily
- Turn your SD card into a goldcard (required for setting S-OFF)
- Activating S-OFF
- Setting SuperCID
- Unlocking the phone from network/carrier (SIM unlock)
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Root the phone permanently
- Install the Superuser app and binaries
Step #8: During the whole process, your phone will reboot several times. Do not touch the phone, turn it off, or unplug the phone while the script is still doing its job.
Step #9: Once you’ve rooted your device, to install CWM recovery connect device to PC using USB cable.
Step #10: Now open command prompt on PC and change directory (using the cd command) to where you extracted the Advanced Ace Hack Kit package files.
Step #11: Change directory to the “tools” folder (i.e., cd tools).
Step #12: Change directory to the “win” folder (i.e., cd win).
Step #13: Enter this command at the prompt:
adb reboot recovery
Step #14: Now command above will reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step #15: Reboot the phone into normal mode.
Step #16: Enter this command at the prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
Step #17: The command above will reboot the phone into fastboot mode. The text at the top of the bootloader screen should show “S-OFF” and not “S-ON.”
Step #18: Enter this command at the prompt:
Step #19: Now your device will boot into normal mode. After it on device open BusyBox Installer app. From within the app, install BusyBox. The Superuser app will prompt you to grant the app root permission. Allow it to. That’s it, you’re don, don’t forget to comment below.
- Learn How-To Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Conquer 4G [for Windows]
- How To Root And Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679
- Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery On Your HTC Desire [How-To]
- Root And Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Your Galaxy Nexus CDMA Running Android 4.0.4 ICS [How-To]
- Root and Install Custom Recovery On Your Motorola Xoom WiFi on ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware [How-To]