So you’ve installed Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich “XWLP7” or XWLP firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and now want to root the device? Well! Here’s guide to easily root your Samsung Galaxy S2. Before you follow guide first charge the device battery and make a backup of your device data such as SMS, internet setting, contacts music files etc because the below procedure may wipe data, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account and for messages use SMS apps, lastly use file expert app to backup to back apps.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Android Egis will not be held responsible if your device lost data or get damaged following this guide.
Step #2: Open the above folder and run Odin.
Step #3: Turn the device off and reboot into download mode by holding Volume Up + Volume Down buttons while connecting your device to your PC, until you see a Download Mode screen.
Step #4: Odin will detect the device, you’ll see a box yellow and a messaging saying “Added.”
Step #5: In Odin click on PDA button and select CF-Root-SGS2_*-v5.3-CWM5.tar that you’ve extracted in first step.
Step #6: Now click on Start button to start flashing. After rooting your device will reboot, and you’re done, enjoy!
Via: Redmond Pie
- Root Galaxy S2 Running on Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware XXLPB [How-To]
- Root Your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket On Android 4.0.3 ICS “UCALC4” Firmware
- Root XXKH3 Firmware On Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 [How-To]
- Learn How-To Root Samsung Galaxy S II on Android 2.3.6 With XWKL1 Firmware
- Root Your Galaxy S2 On XXKPA Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware [How-To]