It’s time to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to Android 2.3.6 XXLA4 Firmware, so follow below steps to load up your device, but keep in mind that the below steps is just for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, so don’t try them any other device, if you’ve this model let’s follow below guide to upgrade it.
Before you start, please make a backup of your data on your computer, your battery should be 100% charged, and if you’ve installed Samsung KIES installed uninstall it. You’ll need to install the appropriate drivers, you can download for 32-bit (x86) Windows here and for 64-bit (x64) Windows here.
DISCLAIMER: The below method is bit risky and we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide so please proceed at your own risk.
Step #2: Extract downloaded firmware package, you’ll have two files with different names and extensions.
Step #3: Please note that device shouldn’t be connected to any other device to begin with. turn it off. After that turn the device off and reboot into download mode by holding the Volume Down, Home and the Power key at the same time until you get a warning screen. Now, just press the Volume Up button only once.
Step #4: Open the Odin3 on PC and plug the device to PC using USB cable, Odin3 will detect the device, a message saying Added will appear and ID:COM will become yellow, if not you may have problem in drivers.
Step #5: Click on the PDA button and select N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5.
Step #6: Ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected and click on STARTbutton to start installation, if flashing failed due to any reason follow steps:
- Disconnect the device from the computer and shut down Odin3.
- Remove your device’s battery and re-insert the battery.
- Repeat the steps where you left off from the beginning.
Step #7: Once the flashing is done, device will reboot automatically, after that you can disconnect from PC. To verify that you have installed the correct firmware go to Settings > About Phoneand your phone should now have XXLA4 firmware. That’s it enjoy!
- Learn How To Upgrade Galaxy S To Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XWJW1 Firmware
- Learn How-To Install Ice Cream Sandwich Based Firmware of Galaxy Note
- Install XXLP2 Firmware Leaked Firmware on Galaxy S II [how-To]
- Learn How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note
- Learn How-To Root Samsung Galaxy Note on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread