A neutral E Ink display can run Android, but it can’t stop you to root your Nook Simple Touch e-readers that allows them to use Google Play apps. Simple touch should be better, thanks to XDA developer wheilitjohnny, who added multitouch option to e-reader, as we all know well, it’s fantastic option. I personally love to use multitouch gestures.
Almost every app that’s developed by XDA developers can be installed on just rooted device, it’s also for rooted Nook touch, Cloclworkmod recovery also should be installed on device, to install as usual, first copy the file into device and turn off the device after that reboot into ClockworkMod recovery mode then install it, after that enjoy. Multitouch Gesture works well in web browser and games such as Angry Birds. Nook Touch’s E Ink screen can’t animation fast like other LCD screen.
Some users said that the screen locks up sometime. However you it’s great, do you want do download? Just visit the official thread of XDA here and here. See below videos that show usage of multitouch gestures and show your thoughts in below comments.
- Change Brightness With Simple Gestures Using “InvisiBright” App
- Download Gesture Control To Enjoy Better Multi-Touch Gesture
- CyanoBoot: A Second Bootloader Released For NOOK Tablet
- Boot Your Nook Color Into CyanogenMod7, CyanogenMod9 and Stock
- Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery On Your Motorola Atrix 4G