Are you excited for the LG Optimus G that will be launched for AT&T and Sprint soon? Well! But it seems that we might face some problems with the phone if you love to customize the phone. If you take a bird eye view on the history of LG, the company mostly provided Android devices that can easily be customized, you can easily add extra tweaks and apply hacks on them. But some recent releases comes with locked up bootloader such as the LG Optimus 4X HD, a guy over Android Central asked a contract at LG for Optimus G and they replied:
The Optimus G doesn’t support an unlocked bootloader.
So you’ll not be able to apply hacks on the phone such as installation of custom ROMs and tweaks, but I don’t care about that because Android development community might find a way to unlock the bootloader of Optimus G. Here you can take the example of Verizon Galaxy S3, Verizon said that you’ll not be able to unlock their devices but almost after just a month of Verizon Galaxy S3, a hardworking developer over XDA managed to get their hands to unlock the bootloader of the phone and now you can do anything with your Verizon Galaxy S3 and hopefully it will happen with the Optimus G too.
Via: Android Central
- How To Unlock Bootloader of Verizon Galaxy S3
- How To Unlock Bootloader of Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE
- LG Launches Optimus L2, Optimus L3, Optimus L5 and Optimus L7 in Australia
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus: Unlock/Relock Bootloader, Root/Unroot, Install Recovery, and More With One-Click
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your ASUS Transformer TF300T