On the time when Google didn’t release the source code on behalf of Honeycomb, devout hackers were annoyed to say the least. There was categorically no phone support built in, and if a corner could be cut throughout the production process, it was. Google dreaded that if they released the source code for Honeycomb, developers would create it their task to put the OS on a phone. By no care for phones, well, you are able to do the math. It wouldn’t turn out well for developers, end users or Google’s good name. Luckily, that will not be the event by Ice Cream Sandwich.
Thru public in a post on the Android Building Google Groups page, developer Dan Morrill stated that Google will “release the source for the recently-announced Ice Cream Sandwich soon, once it’s available on devices.”
Via: Android and Me
- Now Google has prepared developers on behalf of Ice Cream Sandwich with various valuable tips
- Now Google Give More Attention to Honeycomb Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich
- Now you are Able to Download Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich also adds Face Unlock feature
- A Feature Look of Android 4.0 and Ice Cream Sandwich